Thursday, February 7, 2008

Titus 2:3-5

Well, I am at that point of my life where I am becoming one of those...one of the older women...it is so stinkin' depressing for many reasons...
One, I am not ready to be one of those...one of those women who can give great, godly advice...I feel like I am the one who needs it...boy with all the times I do something stupid or say the wrong thing, live in a way that glorifies me and not God...boy, I've got some growing up to do...
Two, I am not ready to be "older"...even though the older you get, the older old is, I'm still not as young as I used to be and that stinks too! All those things I wish I would have done or that I wish I had NOT done...
Three, even though the years say I am older, my heart says, "That's not true." I feel much younger than I am and find it hard to believe that I have reached this so quickly...a few weeks ago, I had a kind of a shock...I was thinking about something in my life and I thought, "That was 30 years ago...then I had a horrifying thought..."How is it possible that I could be thinking of an event that happened thirty years ago?" A wake up call like having a bucket of cold water thrown on you when you're in a dead sleep.
But God...
(I love those two little words....)
But God has a purpose and a plan for everything...I don't have to have it all figured out or say things just so...He can give me His wisdom. I can still laugh and play and have great joy in the presence of the Lord...Older doesn't mean a loss of all joy. Youth may be fleeing me faster than my brains, but with it comes something gained...experience... and hopefully...more trust, more peace, more faith...
Now, if only the look in my mind and the look in the mirror could match up! Now, THAT would be a miracle.
C~

No comments: