Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Little One, God Loves You

Little One, God Loves You
Written by Amy Warren Hilliker
Illustrated by Polona Lovsin
Zonderkidz Publishing
Price: $6.99
Ages: Birth-5

From Zonderkidz website:  "This charming board book expresses the five purposes of the bestselling The Purpose-Driven Life for little ones ages 4 and under."

So, I have never read The Purpose-Driven Life, but looked up the five purposes, just so you have it handy

They are: 
                               
Worship: Love the Lord your God with all your heart
Ministry: Love your neighbor as yourself
Mission: Go and make discciples
Fellowship: Baptizing them
Discipleship:Teaching them to obey

I am not sure that the pages of the book perfectly follow these purposes (I didn't see worship, for example), but if you love The Purpose-Driven Life, this may be a huge bonus for you.

That aside, this is a sweetly illustrated book for little ones.  It is a nice board book, which is sturdy enough for little ones to "read" over and over again.  I still have board books from when my children were little and MOST of them survived all five children and I am HOPING with be loved by any future grandbabies too!  The story is short, written in a rhyme style that children LOVE and remember...just TRY reading it wrong and see what your little ones say, once they are familiar with the story.  The book is very colorful!  I am sure that little ones would love it!



* I received a copy of the above mentioned product to help facilitate the writing of a frank and honest review.  All opinions are my own.  Your results and/or opinions may vary

Blessings,
Carrie

No comments: