Saturday, June 7, 2014

Zondervan NIV Sequin Bible


Zondervan provided me with a free copy of this book for reviewing purposed.  All opinions are my own.  No other compensation was received.
NIV Sequin Bible
Zondervan
$29.99

From Zondervan's Website:
       
What girl doesn’t like a little sparkle and shine? With a trendy design embellished with sequins and sparkle, the Sequin Bible helps you express your style wherever you go---home, church, school, and everywhere in between! 

        Features include: 
Bestselling New International Version (NIV) 
Words of Christ in red 
Handy size less than one inch thick

This is a beautiful Bible.  All sparkly and shiny.  The cover says it is a flex cover and looks like a stiffened fabric with glitter all over it.  I know it is hard to see in the pictures, but it does sparkle.  I imagine that the glitter will wear off over time, but it is a bling girl's Bible.  There is also a sequin flower on the cover that really makes this Bible stand out.  It really is beautiful.  Both my daughter and I LOVE the look of this Bible.


Inside, this is DEFINITELY a younger person's Bible...smaller print, no notes, no maps...Just the word.  There is definitely a time and a place for that, but I really enjoy the little extras, so I may be a little unduly biased there.  The words of Jesus are in red, which some people do enjoy...I don't have an opinion on that one way or the other.  I am also used to a larger Bible, so it is hard to turn 5 pages and to have passed by 6 books of the Bible...I am exaggerating a bit, but you know what I mean...a smaller Bible is just harder for me to work worth...personal preference.


The gift box the Bible came in makes it the perfect Bible to give as a gift.  It says on the box that it lays flat...I was not able to get this Bible to lay flat.  I did not like that at all.




The Sequin Bible is not for me, but it would be PERFECT for a young lady...one who loves some bling, maybe between a younger Bible and a study Bible.  It would make a beautiful gift.



No comments: