Saturday, May 19, 2012

CapJaxMathFacts

CapJaxMathFacts
Price: Download:$29.50, Disk: $35.90
Price is for a One Year License

I was SO excited when I saw this vendor on the review list...Math facts are SO VITAL for success in Math...and I KNOW that...but somewhere I lost that focus with the Principessa...and all of that came crashing in on us when she started having troubles in her math program. So we set the math book away for a time to gain mastery in her facts.

CapJaxMathFacts is a computer based drill program that builds mastery in all four basic applications and can be set around parameters set by you...This program is not a fancy, flashy entertaining game, but it is a highly effective method of building mastery in math facts with very little teacher involvement. I read somewhere that little teacher involvement is needed, but interest and encouragement are vital...now THAT is my kind of program...
Here is what CapJaxMathFacts does:
Uses a computer to provide drill and practice so that practice time is not limited by teacher availability.
Automatically generates exercises. Teachers don't prepare quizzes. They merely provide the parameters for them.
Builds exercises for any of the four math tables (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) or any combination of tables.
Guarantees student success by taking small steps through levels of
difficulty.
Can focus practice at a single level of difficulty or may review earlier levels.
Randomly generates problems without repetition.
Allows variable numbers of problems in an exercise.
Reduces learner stress by timing facts individually.
Provides immediate positive feedback for correct answers.
Provides extra reinforcement for fast, correct answers.
Displays an overall performance report at the conclusion of each exercise.
Prints reports for teacher review and for use as certificates of achievement.
Displays and prints item diagnostic details.
Uses a rating system that allows students to keep personal scores and
set goals.
Charts student rating progress graphically.
Maintains a database of student activity over time.

Want to look it over before deciding? Here is a free evaluation.


So what do I think? I LOVE CapJaxMathFacts...I love that each fact is timed...so it encourages a quick response, but if you struggle with one problem, it does not mess up an entire level. I love the encouragements along the way...I love that I can set parameters easily. I think my Principessa even enjoys her time on CapJaxMathFacts. It is hard for her right now, but there is a competitive aspect to it that makes it fun as well. I think the price is EXCELLENT for this product AND you can have up to 10 students on one license. I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a great math drill program.


See what my fellow crew mates have to say about CapJaxMathFacts here
Disclaimer: I received this item for the purpose of writing a fair and honest review. I received no other compensation. All the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: