Monday, April 16, 2012

Meal Planning Monday

Well for Easter, I made the BEST ever HAM...ever....at least I think it was the BEST...That recipe is here...

So, what do you do with leftover ham...make bean soup, of course...

Searching the web for recipes...and I landed on two that looked REALLY GOOD...

Mother Lovett's Bean Soup...this was my BASE recipe...
But this ONE looked intriguing too! So I added to my base...
Here is what I did...


I followed the base recipe...used EVERYTHING in that recipe...but when I got to adding the chicken stock...I added a Pkg of Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix (this is the pkg I use to make spinach dip too! YUM). The second recipe added a pkg of onion soup mix, which I would have done too, but I didn't have any...and if I try it next time (I might not even mess with it)...I would be careful with adding salt!
After it had cooked a while, I would taste it from time to time and add what I thought it needed...a little garlic salt...a little smoked paprika...probably less that a tsp each...

This was truly...THE BEST BEAN SOUP...yum...I did think it needed some thyme and a bay leaf, so I will add those next time...and I think it would be really good with a few of THESE thrown on top for good measure!

Not the best picture of the soup...but it was DELISH! Enjoy!

Blessings,

No comments: