Monday, October 12, 2009

Potty Training Blues

We have been making strides with our DD...towards being diaper free...but there are frustrations that go with achieving that...do you either...go entirely throughout your day (the child that is) in your birthday suit...which has been giving us the greatest success but has the obvious drawbacks...or do you wear clothes which seem (to the untrained trainer) just like his diapers, therefore I (the child, silly) do not make it to the correct destination...hmmm...that is the question of my day...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to change your DD to DS or if your daughter catches it she might be VERY embarrassed:)

Carrie said...

Lanita,
That is SO funny...I never saw that...DD is our "babies" nickname, because those are his initials...
Thanks for the chuckles!
C~

Jennifer said...

I totally hear you, Carrie. I've considered an attempt with Hava but it's just too cold to run around half naked... It might just have to wait until next summer!

Cheri said...

This made me laugh, Carrie. :) I feel your pain though. Potty training is just one of those parenting things that is hard to nail down. The same tips don't work from child to child or even from day to day!

I do think toddler girls have it easier though. At least they can wear a skirt with no panties and still look somewhat covered up! :)

Could he wear a long t-shirt and those Baby Legs (leggings)?

Unknown said...

Oh...I am not a fan on the potty training thing.
I don't have any answers...all of my kids have been different.