Saturday, June 27, 2009

Exercise Plan For Those Over 45

I got this exercise plan from Lynn over at A Mother's Journal...I thought all of you might like to have yet another plan to choose from to achieve a better level of health and wellness...


I thought I’d share this wonderful exercise plan a dear friend of mine has been on.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you’ll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks.

Then try 50-lb potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand, and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each sack.




Now, what I would like to know if if the laughter counts as doing a couple of sit-ups???


Love,
C~

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Very funny Carrie!

By the way, did you get my email about scrapbooking today? Just wondering because I had not heard from you and I remember you'd had trouble getting emails before. :)

Cheri