Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

Now, I have always loved the idea of putting a "What I am thankful for each week" post on my blog, but I am not as regular with blogging as I would like...could be I am busy discipling five little lives, or it could be I am busy being a helpmeet for my sweetheart, or it could be that this body needs sleep occasionally...but for whatever reason, I am not sure if it will be a weekly feature or a one time thing....I love being thankful...we have so much to be thankful for that we don't even see or comprehend, but oftentimes all you hear is grumbling....
So, I will choose thankfulness...because:
Thankfulness, thankfulness is what I long for
Thankfulness is what I need
Thankfulness, thankfulness is what You want from me, from me
So take my heart and form it
Take my mind and transform it
Take my will and conform it
To Yours, To Yours, oh Lord......

Anyway, so 10 things I am thankful for this week:

1. Salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ
2. The Holy Spirit that lives within us, convicting and helping
3. My husband, who really works hard to support this family and who loves me
4. Our children...they are a wonderful blessing
5. The Bible, that it is true, that it is living, that it is ALWAYS relevant
6. That I have the problem of what's for dinner...even though meal planning really stretches me, I would rather have that problem than no food
7. I love my household servants: dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, vacuum, etc...
8. A vehicle that runs well
9. Homeschooling, which can tailor learning to each childs needs and interests
10. The body of Christ that comes alongside, encourages, exhorts, and befriends


Love,
C~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

I am thankful that you visited my blog today and were pleasantly surprised. ;-)

And, of course, for my family, my God's grace and the freedom to homeschool.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful thought. Too often we're wrapped up in ourselves we forget. Thank you!