Monday, May 5, 2008

Retreat

Well, I am back from the retreat and rested now...lots of talking, laughing, babies...a great time... We arrived on Friday evening and got settled in...my goal, besides getting to know these ladies better was to finish a wedding album for my Mother-In-Law from my niece's wedding. I was able to get quite a bit of scrapbooking in and finished the album. YEAH! This retreat was very different to any I had been to before in that....It was mostly about rest and fellowship...no speaker, no notes, etc...And boy did we talk about just about everything under the sun. I am so glad that it worked out for me to go.

When I got home, I had a surprise...now I know this is NO BIG DEAL for most, but I have been asking my husband for this for MANY YEARS...so I walk in the house, set my bag down and turn into the dining room to see a white board on the wall...I cannot even tell you how excited I am about this...I have been writing a morning greeting on it for my family for a couple of weeks now and this will make life a little easier (won't tip off the counter and clonk me on the head anymore)...Also, I need this SO often throughout the day...school stuff, chores, important family news...etc...

Grace got a couple of new dresses...she looks SO ladylike in them...just look at this...

They are SO Long...I hemmed this one up a bit, but it is still long...she looks so sweet and ladylike in this...
Well, I think that is it for now...my brain is becoming mush...I think I am getting a little bit tired...
Talk to you soon!
C~

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

glad you had fun at your retreat and had a great surprise when you came home!!! that is always fun!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea with the white board, and your DD is adorable.