Friday, December 8, 2017

The Crucible

The theme for this year in Literature for my daughter seems to be to read all the books that Mom has never read before.  So this book is no exception.  The Crucible is a play by Arthur Miller about The Salem Witch hunt/trials in the late 1600's.  What I did not know until I began researching this book, was that it was also speaking about Red Scare in the 1950's and The House Un-American Activities Committee. As we just finished up this time period in history last year, it was a fascinating connection for me to make and since it is fresh in our minds, will make for some interesting discussion.
Here are the resources I am looking into using for The Crucible.
First, we will be using this Character Analysis Graphic Organizer from Teacher's Pay Teachers and this flip book.

So, life took a HUGE detour...and the Character Analysis organizer was the main assignment for this book. I am also having Grace do a One pager for this book.  I added the book, The Wave to her reading as well.

This was a book recommended by a friend.  We should have read it last year for history, but it has a powerful message.  
That is all we got to for this book.

No comments: