Friday, January 25, 2013

A Grace Borrowed, Found, Inherited

1} Borrowed: A Quote from Ann Voskamp over at A Holy Experience
"...service isn’t about being a doormat but about being a door for joy to walk through."
When I read this...I think of a precious friend who serves her family with great joy and they want to be there...I want to be like that too!

2}Found: Folding Laundry with my boy...I find that this time I spend with him is priceless. Time found to grab his heart, to love him, to listen to him...to laugh together...doing one of his favorite chores...and I find that I am thankful he loves it too!

3}Inherited: Today I had a dear woman come up and talk with me...I introduce her to some of my children...she talks with my oldest...saying...You look JUST like your Mother...just what every teenage boy wants to hear...I look like my old mother...but it is what he got...he inherited...from me...and as I think on that now...I hope that when people see me...they will say (or at least think...) You look just like your Father...the one in Heaven who so wonderously has changed my life, my heart...make me JUST LIKE you Father...or at least as close as You can in this sin sick world...I want to look just like You!

Blessings,
C~



No comments: