Friday, January 6, 2012

Maestro Classics- Swan Lake


Maestro Classics- Swan Lake

$16.98 or $9.98 to download an MP3



The Story of Swan Lake, Tchaikovsky’s greatest ballet score, is the tale of a prince who falls in love with a beautiful princess. The princess, however, has been turned into a swan by an evil magician, and only the prince’s love can break the spell. This narrated version of the classic tale for children is sure to delight all who love ballet and enchanting storytelling.
A 24-page activity book included with the CD contains a biography of Tchaikovsky, information on acoustic and electric guitars, sheet music and words for a sing-along song, explanation of major and minor keys, puzzles and more.

The Story of Swan Lake CD has 7 tracks which I will detail below...

The First Track plays portions of Tchaikovsky's Ballet Score with narrations of the story throughout. The shortened version is appropriate for younger listeners to help give them an appreciation and a familiarity with the ballet. When they are introduced to the full length version at some point in their life, they will then recognize the "signposts along the way, because they met them all before." In about 33 minutes, you will hear the greatest music from Swan Lake. I was not previously familiar with Swan Lake, and cannot really comment on that part, but from having gone to the Nutcracker before without really knowing anything about the story, I can really appreciate the concept behind this product. I look forward to getting some of the other CDs and I really hope they have plans to create new products and I look forward to getting an opportunity to see Swan Lake now.

The second track is a biography about Tchaikovsky's life. It begins with some very familiar pieces of his work...and then goes into his story.

The third track is the Swan Lake Speed Metal Version played by Joe Stump...this was at least ONE of my children's FAVORITE versions!

Track four tells a little more about the music. The Conductor explains some of the music that was just heard. I really LOVED this part of the CD. It gives us all something to listen for. It is only about 6 minutes long, but very valuable in my opinion.

Now, track 5 is probably THE MOST MEMORABLE part of the ballet... "Tchai-kov-sky wrote a great bal-let, its name was Swa-ha-ha-han Lake. I can tell you...every time I hear this piece of music, I WILL remember that this is Tchaikovsky and from Swan Lake. I may never know the names of the pieces of music, but I will know where they belong.

Track six & seven are the Prepare to Perform and Sing Along tracks. This gives YOU the opportunity to sing the memorable song.

There is also a 24 page booklet with some information and activities. You can also find more ways to enrich the CD online with the Curriculum Guide. Scroll down to find Swan Lake...then you can build on the CD in any direction you choose...with academics, music or home projects. There is quite a bit of information on the website as well. A valuable resource to come alongside parents to give their children a love and appreciation for music.
We really enjoyed listening to Maestro Classics The Story of Swan Lake...I hope your family enjoys it as well.


See what my fellow Crew Mates had to say about Maestro Classics Swan Lake here

Disclaimer: I received this item for the purpose of writing a fair and honest review. I received no other compensation. All the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: