Friday, November 18, 2011

Time Timer

Time Timer

Price: Starts at $30



Ever wonder HOW on earth you can get your child to understand how much TIME there is in 15 minutes? Well, the Time Timer is here to help you make every moment count.


Designed to help students understand, "how much longer," no other teaching aid reinforces the concept of elapsed time like the teacher-tested Time Timer. The disappearing red disk allows students to "see" time without knowing how to "tell" time. The Time Timer is perfect for setting time limits, managing transitions and training students to make better use of available time, making every moment count.


Available in different sizes, as a watch, apps or software, there is a Time Timer product for every need.


What we thought of the Time Timer

We received the 3" Time Timer for the purpose of our review. I really LOVED how my children could SEE the passage of time and know they had to stay on task for that amount of time for this purpose. I personally found it helpful when I was doing a task in my day for only a short time period, say 15 or 20 minutes. It helped me use those shorter time periods more effectively to complete a large task that I might not have the time to be able to do one larger chunk...those large time chunks are hard to find in a busy day!
I loved that my DD, who does not tell time yet, could see how long 5 minutes was and grasp the concept of the passage of time.


What was more of a challenge for us:
When the Time Timer is done with the passage of time, it beeps once...we missed the beep several times. It would have been more helpful for us if there were a series of beeps or if the beep was longer. Also, I would really need to be able to see the benefit of the product to spend $30 for it. Many homeschool families have to be careful with what items they choose to spend money on. There is an app for the Time Timer for $1.99...I think I am going to purchase that for my iPod, so I can have it going for two at one time. Overall, I found the Time Timer to be very helpful in our family.



See what my fellow crew mates had to say about the Time Timer here

Disclaimer: I received this item for the purpose of writing a fair and honest review. I received no other compensation. All the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: