Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An Excellent Twilight article

I have been very quiet about this series of books...I have never read them and cannot really speak on them intelligently...
Many people I know rave and rave about them...
but they have seemed to me to be the type of book that I should flee from, not run to with open arms...
I read an EXCELLENT article on this, that really articulated my thoughts so beautifully.
All this fantasy type reading is very dangerous...our husbands cannot compete with our daydreamings of what the "perfect" husband should be and do...how he should treat us...etc...and so WE fall into depression, discontent, we grumble, and so much more, because our man is not like this pretend ideal...
This is not pretend...it is not just an escape into putting aside our "dreary" lives for a few moments...it's like taking very tiny sips of poison to see how much it will take to kill you.
C~


No comments: