Friday, June 26, 2009

Peanut Butter Dream Bars

These bars are a LONG time favorite of my family's..one of those recipes that I forgot all about until a friend mentioned it...so I made these for some friends, for our family and for a shower...I thought I would share...I kept thinking I would take a picture, but I don't think I ever got a picture of the bars...but trust me, they are GOOD...
So here is the recipe:

Peanut Butter Dream Bars



8 medium sized chocolate chip cookies
1/4 cup butter, melted
15 oz. milk chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 325. In a food processor or blender, process cookies until finely ground. Add butter and mix together completely. Press into an 8x8 pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Pour 1/2 of the chocolate over the crust. Place pan in fridge, keep remaining chocolate warm.
Blend peanut butter and butter together until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar and add vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread over chilled chocolate layer. Pour remaining melted chocolate over filling and spread to smooth. Chill for 1 hour, or til firm. Cut into bars and serve.
Makes 24-36 bars.


For the chocolate chip cookies, I use chips ahoy...and maybe toss in a couple extra...I think everything else is pretty straightforward...if I were organized enough to have homemade chocolate chips cookies on hand when I make these, I would use those, but I have never been that with it.

Enjoy!
C~

No comments: